Opposition plans to stall Bihar Assembly proceedings
Patna: The Budget session of the Bihar
Assembly, beginning from Tuesday, is likely to be stormy with
the opposition parties, including RJD and Congress planning to
corner Nitish Kumar-led government particularly on the issue
of corruption and law and order.
Leader of the Opposition in the state Assembly Abdul Bari
Siddiqui said they would try to corner the government on the
issue of law and order and corruption.
Describing as "an eyewash" Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s
claim of waging a war against corruption, Siddiqui said
corruption is rampant in the state that is evident from the
spurt in the real estate prices in Bihar.
The return of the NDA to power has also "boosted the
morale" of criminals and there has been a phenomenal rise in
the cases of loot, murder and kidnapping for ransom, he
"It would be a fact-based strategy while seeking to put
the state government in the dock and we will hold
consultations with the leaders of all opposition parties,
including LJP and Congress to have a joint strategy", he said.
Meanwhile, the ruling JD(U)-BJP combine fine tuned its
strategy to silence the opposition on the twin issues of
corruption and law and order.
"The draft of the proposed Right to Service bill is
almost ready and it is likely to be placed in the state
Assembly for debate during the budget session", a senior
official of the state General Administration Department said.
The state Human Resources Department is also engaged in
giving final shape to the draft of the bill for setting up a
Commission for weeding out corruption in higher education as
also to make the appointment process of recruitments of
lecturers "more transparent and competitive", official sources
The state government will also debate its proposal for
introducing Food Security Scheme for providing ration to all
BPL households at subsidised rates, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire