Opposition stages walk out from Bihar assembly
Patna: Opposition members on Wednesday staged
walk out from Bihar legislative assembly alleging that
there was black marketing of sugar in Bihar and middlemen were
ruling the roost in procurement of paddy.
Opposition MLAs led by Leader of Opposition Abdul Bari
Siddique trooped out of the house alleging that the middlemen
denying due prices to the paddy farmers.
The opposition members also disrupted the Food and
Consumer Protection Minister Shayam Rajak who was making a
speech in reply to the debate on the budget of his department.
Siddique alleged that the Food and Consumer Protection
department was not lifting the sugar quota from the mills to
allow the owners to sell the commodity in the market even as
there was demand of sugar among the people, particularly the
BPL families who are entitled to sugar at the rate of Rs 13.50
Rajak rejected the opposition charges and said the
lifting of sugar from mills and procurement of paddy was
going on as per the target.
So far the central and state agencies have procured
16 lakh metric tonnes paddy from the farmers, he said adding
the target of 30 lakh metric tonnes will be accomplished in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?