Opposition stages walk out from Bihar assembly
Patna: Opposition members on Wednesday staged
walk out from Bihar legislative assembly alleging that
there was black marketing of sugar in Bihar and middlemen were
ruling the roost in procurement of paddy.
Opposition MLAs led by Leader of Opposition Abdul Bari
Siddique trooped out of the house alleging that the middlemen
denying due prices to the paddy farmers.
The opposition members also disrupted the Food and
Consumer Protection Minister Shayam Rajak who was making a
speech in reply to the debate on the budget of his department.
Siddique alleged that the Food and Consumer Protection
department was not lifting the sugar quota from the mills to
allow the owners to sell the commodity in the market even as
there was demand of sugar among the people, particularly the
BPL families who are entitled to sugar at the rate of Rs 13.50
Rajak rejected the opposition charges and said the
lifting of sugar from mills and procurement of paddy was
going on as per the target.
So far the central and state agencies have procured
16 lakh metric tonnes paddy from the farmers, he said adding
the target of 30 lakh metric tonnes will be accomplished in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31