Opposition stages walk out from Bihar assembly
Patna: Opposition members on Wednesday staged
walk out from Bihar legislative assembly alleging that
there was black marketing of sugar in Bihar and middlemen were
ruling the roost in procurement of paddy.
Opposition MLAs led by Leader of Opposition Abdul Bari
Siddique trooped out of the house alleging that the middlemen
denying due prices to the paddy farmers.
The opposition members also disrupted the Food and
Consumer Protection Minister Shayam Rajak who was making a
speech in reply to the debate on the budget of his department.
Siddique alleged that the Food and Consumer Protection
department was not lifting the sugar quota from the mills to
allow the owners to sell the commodity in the market even as
there was demand of sugar among the people, particularly the
BPL families who are entitled to sugar at the rate of Rs 13.50
Rajak rejected the opposition charges and said the
lifting of sugar from mills and procurement of paddy was
going on as per the target.
So far the central and state agencies have procured
16 lakh metric tonnes paddy from the farmers, he said adding
the target of 30 lakh metric tonnes will be accomplished in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Half the town is gone, says Amatrice mayor as 6.2-magnitude earthquake strikes central Italy; toll rises to 14
- Katrina Kaif and Varun Dhawan to go dancing in 'ABCD 3'?
- Gadkari to meet FM Jaitley today for vehicle scrapping policy
- Hot scoop! THIS actress has replaced Alia Bhatt in Rohit Shetty's next?
- Argentina coach Edgardo Bauza keen on reducing Lionel Messi's workload