Over 200 students caught cheating in Bihar, expelled
Patna: More than 200 students have been caught cheating in the Class 12 board exam and expelled in the last three days. Nearly a dozen parents who helped them use unfair means were arrested, an official said on Tuesday.
Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB) chairman Rajmani Prasad said that the students were expelled after they were caught cheating during the exam.
"The board has instructed officials concerned to take action for free and fair exam," he said.
An official said that nearly 50 students were expelled last Saturday, the first day of exam.
As many as 159 students were expelled on Monday and nearly half a dozen were expelled on Tuesday.
The intermediate (Class 12th) exam began at 882 centres amid tight security and indefinite strike by non-teaching employees of colleges in the state.
"The students were expelled on charges of adopting unfair means and a dozen parents or guardians were arrested for abetment," the official said.
According to reports reaching here, even teachers deployed at exam centres and policemen were seen helping the students to cheat.
This year 981,778 students, including an all time high of 410,662 girl students, across Bihar appeared for the Class 12th exams, board officials said.
The BSEB, which conducts the examinations, said it has made elaborate arrangements for peaceful and fair exams.
But there were reports of widespread cheating from Patna, Muzaffarpur, Darbhanga, Gaya, Patna, Jehanabad and Bhagalpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them