Over 4,200 detonators recovered in Bihar
Patna: Over 4,200 detonators were recovered Thursday in Bihar`s Rohtas district, police said.
Rohtas Superintendent of Police Chandan Kumar Kushwaha said a huge quantity of explosives, including 4,225 detonators, 1,200 gelatin sticks and 15 kg ammonium nitrate, was recovered.
Acting on a tip-off, a police team raided a house in Karbandia locality near Sasaram, the district headquarter. One man was also arrested in this connection.
Last week also police had recovered a huge quantity of explosives, including 3,550 detonators, 1,791 gelatin sticks and 5 kg ammonium nitrate, from a village near Sasaram.
Police had arrested three people in this connection.
Rohtas is considered to be a Maoists stronghold.
According to police, recovered material, including ammonium nitrate, is used for making improvised explosive devices and bombs.
The state police along with the central paramilitary forces have intensified combing operations against Maoists in different parts of Bihar.
Last month, the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) in a joint operation with Bihar Police recovered a huge cache of explosives from a Maoists hideout in Gaya district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real? Anushka Sharma – Virat Kohli spotted together with a fan – See pic
- Yes I am upset with Mika: Krushna Abhishek speaks on singer shooting for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'
- Trending Topics: Facebook makes changes to avoid political bias
- Pothole kills young girl in Bengaluru but minister says “don't blame the government”
- Jayalalithaa's swearing-in: Ardent fan of MGR, auto-driver charges just Re 1 for all rides to celebrate win - WATCH