Over four tons of foodgrains rotted in FCI godowns’
Darbhanga: Over four tons of wheat and rice have rotted in the godowns of Food Corporation of India in Bihar`s Darbhanga district, an FCI official said Tuesday.
"Over 4.10 tons of foodgrains mainly wheat and rice are now not fit for consumption as the foodgrains were stacked in the open due to paucity of covered space in the godowns,"
FCI Assistant Managing Director, Sita Chowdhury told reporters here.
Besides the stocks of foodgrains had not been supplied to the shops running under public distribution system for the past two years, she said.
Choudhry was here to inspect the complaints that the foodgrains were rotting in FCI godowns.
She said that those responsible for keeping the food grains in the open would be punished.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy