Over four tons of foodgrains rotted in FCI godowns’
Darbhanga: Over four tons of wheat and rice have rotted in the godowns of Food Corporation of India in Bihar`s Darbhanga district, an FCI official said Tuesday.
"Over 4.10 tons of foodgrains mainly wheat and rice are now not fit for consumption as the foodgrains were stacked in the open due to paucity of covered space in the godowns,"
FCI Assistant Managing Director, Sita Chowdhury told reporters here.
Besides the stocks of foodgrains had not been supplied to the shops running under public distribution system for the past two years, she said.
Choudhry was here to inspect the complaints that the foodgrains were rotting in FCI godowns.
She said that those responsible for keeping the food grains in the open would be punished.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- TCS top Indian IT employer; Infosys, Cognizant and Wipro next
- Painless patch can monitor side effects of drugs
- Two dead, over a dozen wounded in Florida nightclub shooting; one person detained
- Rains support RBI rate cut, may douse agflation : BoA-ML
- Meet Graham, the only human designed to survive car crash! Watch the video