Over four tons of foodgrains rotted in FCI godowns’
Darbhanga: Over four tons of wheat and rice have rotted in the godowns of Food Corporation of India in Bihar`s Darbhanga district, an FCI official said Tuesday.
"Over 4.10 tons of foodgrains mainly wheat and rice are now not fit for consumption as the foodgrains were stacked in the open due to paucity of covered space in the godowns,"
FCI Assistant Managing Director, Sita Chowdhury told reporters here.
Besides the stocks of foodgrains had not been supplied to the shops running under public distribution system for the past two years, she said.
Choudhry was here to inspect the complaints that the foodgrains were rotting in FCI godowns.
She said that those responsible for keeping the food grains in the open would be punished.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal