Over half a million students start Bihar board exams
Patna: Over half a million students across Bihar started their Class 12 exams Tuesday, an official said.
The Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB), which conducts the examinations, has made elaborate arrangements for peaceful and fair exams.
"The first day`s exam took place at 561 examination centres peacefully and without any trouble," Anup Kumar Sinha, a BSEB official, said.
BSEB has taken extensive measures to curb cheating for which the state has been notorious in the past, Sinha said.
"The examinations are being conducted with unprecedented measures to curb cheating," he added.
It has ordered videography at all centres to check cheating and has set up a control room with a telephone for round the clock vigil.
"Special anti-copying squads have been deployed at the district level to keep strict vigil at each centre," said Sinha.
In Bihar, cheating is rampant and any action to stop it has often led to violent protests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery