P Chidambaram visits Congress office in Bihar
Patna: With his schedule curtailed due to technical problem in helicopter, Union Finance Minister P Chidambaram today paid a brief visit to state Congress office here.
Chidambaram, whose scheduled programme got disturbed due to technical problem in the helicopter which forced him to travel by road from Rajgir to Patna with Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, paid a brief visit to Sadakat Ashram, the state Congress headquarters.
Kumar, who was travelling with Chidambaram in the same car, left in another car after getting out at the entrance of Sadakat Ashram.
Chidambaram cancelled his scheduled interaction with state Congressmen and talked to partymen for just few minutes.
State Congress media in-charge Prem Chandra Mishra and party MLC Jyoti handed over a memorandum on behalf of PCC chief Ashok Chaudhary for spurring up development of Bihar.
The Congress memorandum thanked the centre for providing recent grant of Rs 12,000 crore to Bihar.
Highlighting that Bihar as a state has suffered historically due to its location, lack of industrialisation and bifurcation of state into mineral rich Jharkhand, the state Congress made some suggestions to Chidambaram for improving the environment and industrialisation in the state.
The suggestions included asking banks to set up district level camps in coordination with district industry association and attend to issues with a slightly liberal approach and attitude. It also sought considering grant of tax incentives and slightly simpler norms for bank lending.
Strengthening of cooperative banking structure and harnessing scope for enhancing fish production and productivity
in the large number of natural water bodies in Bihar are the other highlights of the memo.
"Currently almost 30 per cent of state`s fish requirements is being imported from Andhra Pradesh and other neighbouring states", it said and demanded farmer credit cards on the lines of KCC and interest subvention for fish farmers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla