Panchayat member dubbed witch, nose chopped off in Bihar
Khagaria: In a shocking incident, a woman panchayat member`s nose was chopped off by five persons who dubbed her as a witch and beat her up in Bihar`s Khagaria district.
The woman, a member of Kenjari panchayat, was beaten up yesterday on suspicion of practising witchcraft, by five persons, including one who blamed her for the recent death of his son and her nose was chopped off, SHO Beldar police station Mukesh Kumar Jha said.
The woman was admitted to a hospital at Beldar, he said.
On the basis of statement of the victim, a FIR was registered against five persons, Jha said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan