Panchayat member dubbed witch, nose chopped off in Bihar
Khagaria: In a shocking incident, a woman panchayat member`s nose was chopped off by five persons who dubbed her as a witch and beat her up in Bihar`s Khagaria district.
The woman, a member of Kenjari panchayat, was beaten up yesterday on suspicion of practising witchcraft, by five persons, including one who blamed her for the recent death of his son and her nose was chopped off, SHO Beldar police station Mukesh Kumar Jha said.
The woman was admitted to a hospital at Beldar, he said.
On the basis of statement of the victim, a FIR was registered against five persons, Jha said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees