Panchayat member dubbed witch, nose chopped off in Bihar
Khagaria: In a shocking incident, a woman panchayat member`s nose was chopped off by five persons who dubbed her as a witch and beat her up in Bihar`s Khagaria district.
The woman, a member of Kenjari panchayat, was beaten up yesterday on suspicion of practising witchcraft, by five persons, including one who blamed her for the recent death of his son and her nose was chopped off, SHO Beldar police station Mukesh Kumar Jha said.
The woman was admitted to a hospital at Beldar, he said.
On the basis of statement of the victim, a FIR was registered against five persons, Jha said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP