Panchayat orders boycott of murder accused families in Bihar
Patna: A village panchayat in Bihar on Monday ordered social boycott of four men accused of abducting and killing a five-year-old-boy in Gopalganj district.
The accused with their families were also asked to leave the village, police said.
"The village panchayat has decided to socially boycott the families of four accused as a punishment and appealed to villagers to have no connection with them," an officer said.
Sheru, minor son of Sher Mohammad of Pakhopalli village, was abducted on November 26 and his body was recovered from a neighbour`s house on November 27, police officer Kamlakant Prasad said.
Accused, after abducting the boy, had demanded a ransom of Rs five lakh from his father for release, said Prasad. It was revealed during investigation of the case.
Two days after Sheru was murdered, police arrested Mohammad Abid, Mohammad Hasan, Shahzad and Akhlak Ahmad. Another three people were detained for interrogation.
"We have requested people of the village and neighbouring villages not to drink water, eat food and have any social relation with the accused and their families," said a villager Naushad Alam.
This decision would send tough message for future, Alam told a news agency over phone.
Mukhiya of Barari Jagdish Panchayayat Ishwarchand Verma has confirmed the boycott.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM