Panchayat Secretary held on graft charge in Bihar
Patna: The vigilance sleuths on Wednesday arrested a Panchayat Secretary for taking Rs. 35,000 as graft in Bihar`s Bhojpur district, an official said.
Acting on a complaint, a vigilance team headed by the Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Md. Zamiruddin laid a trap and caught Mahuli, Panchayat Secretary Ashok Kumar Rai from the Sadar block office premises immediately after he accepted the graft from one Sushil Kumar, the Director General of Police (DG), Vigilance, PK Thakur said.
Rai had demanded graft for from the complainant in lieu of release of Rs. 1.86 lakh for installation of solar street light, he said.
The tainted panchayat secretary was being brought to Patna for questioning before his production before a designated court for judicial remand, Thakur said.
The vigilance department has laid 54 traps and arrested 56 public servants on corruption charges in 2013, the DG (Vigilance) said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan