Panchayat Secretary held on graft charge in Bihar
Patna: The vigilance sleuths on Wednesday arrested a Panchayat Secretary for taking Rs. 35,000 as graft in Bihar`s Bhojpur district, an official said.
Acting on a complaint, a vigilance team headed by the Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Md. Zamiruddin laid a trap and caught Mahuli, Panchayat Secretary Ashok Kumar Rai from the Sadar block office premises immediately after he accepted the graft from one Sushil Kumar, the Director General of Police (DG), Vigilance, PK Thakur said.
Rai had demanded graft for from the complainant in lieu of release of Rs. 1.86 lakh for installation of solar street light, he said.
The tainted panchayat secretary was being brought to Patna for questioning before his production before a designated court for judicial remand, Thakur said.
The vigilance department has laid 54 traps and arrested 56 public servants on corruption charges in 2013, the DG (Vigilance) said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail