Panchayat secretary in Bihar held on graft charge
Motihari: A panchayat secretary was Wednesday arrested on graft charges after he was allegedly caught accepting a bribe in the East Champaran district of Bihar.
Acting on a complaint, a vigilance team led by Deputy Superintendent of Police Kaniskh Kumar Singh laid a trap and caught Phenhara panchayat secretary Surendera Prasad Yadav while he was taking a bribe of Rs 50,000 from one Shyam Kishore Singh for releasing the arrear of his teacher brother-in-law, official sources said.
Shyam Singh`s brother-in-law is a contractual teacher at a primary school in Phenhara.
Shyam had lodged a complaint against Yadav with the vigilance department, the sources said.
- DNA: Analysis of Mumbai's juvenile home sting operation
- DNA: Analysis of Mumbai's juvenile home sting operation - Part II
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK