Panchayat secretary in Bihar held on graft charge
Motihari: A panchayat secretary was Wednesday arrested on graft charges after he was allegedly caught accepting a bribe in the East Champaran district of Bihar.
Acting on a complaint, a vigilance team led by Deputy Superintendent of Police Kaniskh Kumar Singh laid a trap and caught Phenhara panchayat secretary Surendera Prasad Yadav while he was taking a bribe of Rs 50,000 from one Shyam Kishore Singh for releasing the arrear of his teacher brother-in-law, official sources said.
Shyam Singh`s brother-in-law is a contractual teacher at a primary school in Phenhara.
Shyam had lodged a complaint against Yadav with the vigilance department, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video