Panchayat secretary in Bihar held on graft charge
Motihari: A panchayat secretary was Wednesday arrested on graft charges after he was allegedly caught accepting a bribe in the East Champaran district of Bihar.
Acting on a complaint, a vigilance team led by Deputy Superintendent of Police Kaniskh Kumar Singh laid a trap and caught Phenhara panchayat secretary Surendera Prasad Yadav while he was taking a bribe of Rs 50,000 from one Shyam Kishore Singh for releasing the arrear of his teacher brother-in-law, official sources said.
Shyam Singh`s brother-in-law is a contractual teacher at a primary school in Phenhara.
Shyam had lodged a complaint against Yadav with the vigilance department, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'