Panchayat secretary in Bihar held on graft charge
Motihari: A panchayat secretary was Wednesday arrested on graft charges after he was allegedly caught accepting a bribe in the East Champaran district of Bihar.
Acting on a complaint, a vigilance team led by Deputy Superintendent of Police Kaniskh Kumar Singh laid a trap and caught Phenhara panchayat secretary Surendera Prasad Yadav while he was taking a bribe of Rs 50,000 from one Shyam Kishore Singh for releasing the arrear of his teacher brother-in-law, official sources said.
Shyam Singh`s brother-in-law is a contractual teacher at a primary school in Phenhara.
Shyam had lodged a complaint against Yadav with the vigilance department, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!