Panchayat secretary in Bihar held on graft charge
Motihari: A panchayat secretary was Wednesday arrested on graft charges after he was allegedly caught accepting a bribe in the East Champaran district of Bihar.
Acting on a complaint, a vigilance team led by Deputy Superintendent of Police Kaniskh Kumar Singh laid a trap and caught Phenhara panchayat secretary Surendera Prasad Yadav while he was taking a bribe of Rs 50,000 from one Shyam Kishore Singh for releasing the arrear of his teacher brother-in-law, official sources said.
Shyam Singh`s brother-in-law is a contractual teacher at a primary school in Phenhara.
Shyam had lodged a complaint against Yadav with the vigilance department, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Magnitude 5.5 quake hits near Chile's copper mining area, says USGS
- Colombia to get UN peace monitors, possible referendum
- Brexit: Here are answers to 5 key questions on what will happen next in Britain's relations with European Union
- Three federal police officials killed in Mexico
- Eight killed, seven injured after jeep falls into deep gorge in Uttarakhand's Tehri Garhwal