Panchayat Secy arrested for taking Rs 6k as graft
Purnia: The Vigilance Bureau on Thursday arrested Kumaresh Prasad Yadav, the Panchayat Secretary of Mohni Panchayat under Kasha block in Bihar Purnia district for taking a bribe of Rs. 6,000 from a person, an official said.
Acting on a complaint, the vigilance sleuths laid a trap and caught Yadav red-handed taking the graft from Shiv Shankar Sarcar to release the amount under the Indira Avas Yojana (IAY) to his sister Rina Sarcar, the Vigilance Additional Director General of Police (ADG) P.K. Thakur said.
The Panchayat Secretary had earlier taken Rs. 2000 from the complainant to process application for the IAY assistance and demanded Rs. 10,000 as graft for release of the sanctioned amount to the beneficiary, he said.
The Vigilance Bureau has arrested 33 government employees on corruption charges so far this year, the ADG said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal