Panchayat Secy arrested for taking Rs 6k as graft
Purnia: The Vigilance Bureau on Thursday arrested Kumaresh Prasad Yadav, the Panchayat Secretary of Mohni Panchayat under Kasha block in Bihar Purnia district for taking a bribe of Rs. 6,000 from a person, an official said.
Acting on a complaint, the vigilance sleuths laid a trap and caught Yadav red-handed taking the graft from Shiv Shankar Sarcar to release the amount under the Indira Avas Yojana (IAY) to his sister Rina Sarcar, the Vigilance Additional Director General of Police (ADG) P.K. Thakur said.
The Panchayat Secretary had earlier taken Rs. 2000 from the complainant to process application for the IAY assistance and demanded Rs. 10,000 as graft for release of the sanctioned amount to the beneficiary, he said.
The Vigilance Bureau has arrested 33 government employees on corruption charges so far this year, the ADG said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- Differences alone cannot define Sino-India ties: Chinese media
- Tata Hexa, Safari Storme to get 1.9-litre diesel in 2017
- MFs asset base from B15 cities up 19% to Rs 2 lakh crore
- Those killed in Kashmir hadn't gone to buy milk and toffee, says Mehbooba Mufti
- Renault Kwid AMT ready in 800cc and 1.0-litre guise