Panchayat Secy arrested for taking Rs 6k as graft
Purnia: The Vigilance Bureau on Thursday arrested Kumaresh Prasad Yadav, the Panchayat Secretary of Mohni Panchayat under Kasha block in Bihar Purnia district for taking a bribe of Rs. 6,000 from a person, an official said.
Acting on a complaint, the vigilance sleuths laid a trap and caught Yadav red-handed taking the graft from Shiv Shankar Sarcar to release the amount under the Indira Avas Yojana (IAY) to his sister Rina Sarcar, the Vigilance Additional Director General of Police (ADG) P.K. Thakur said.
The Panchayat Secretary had earlier taken Rs. 2000 from the complainant to process application for the IAY assistance and demanded Rs. 10,000 as graft for release of the sanctioned amount to the beneficiary, he said.
The Vigilance Bureau has arrested 33 government employees on corruption charges so far this year, the ADG said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city