Panchayat Secy arrested for taking Rs 6k as graft
Purnia: The Vigilance Bureau on Thursday arrested Kumaresh Prasad Yadav, the Panchayat Secretary of Mohni Panchayat under Kasha block in Bihar Purnia district for taking a bribe of Rs. 6,000 from a person, an official said.
Acting on a complaint, the vigilance sleuths laid a trap and caught Yadav red-handed taking the graft from Shiv Shankar Sarcar to release the amount under the Indira Avas Yojana (IAY) to his sister Rina Sarcar, the Vigilance Additional Director General of Police (ADG) P.K. Thakur said.
The Panchayat Secretary had earlier taken Rs. 2000 from the complainant to process application for the IAY assistance and demanded Rs. 10,000 as graft for release of the sanctioned amount to the beneficiary, he said.
The Vigilance Bureau has arrested 33 government employees on corruption charges so far this year, the ADG said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress demands Sushma Swaraj's resignation over Lalit Modi's job offer to her husband