Panic at Patna hospital where mid-day meal tragedy victims admitted
Patna: Burning of an electric wire of an air conditioner in the paediatric ward of Patna Medical College and Hospital (PMCH), where 24 students of Chhapra mid-day meal tragedy are undergoing treatment, created panic with some parents running out of the ward with their children.
PMCH Superintendent Amarkant Jha Amar said that smoke came out due to the burning of the AC wire because of voltage fluctuation.
There was no gas leak, he clarified.
The AC was immediately put off and the wire disconnected, the PMCH Superintendent said.
He said doctors and attending nurses immediately opened the windows for the smoke to go out.
Twenty-four children of primary school, Dharmasati Gandaman of Saran district and a cook, Manju Devi, are admitted in the paediatric ward of PMCH since Tuesday night.
The PMCH Superintendent said all of them are showing signs of recovery.
"Their condition is improving fast and they have been kept here only for observation for a few more days," Amar said.
"Three children are in the ICU not because they are serious but for safety only", Amar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog