Panic at Patna hospital where mid-day meal tragedy victims admitted
Patna: Burning of an electric wire of an air conditioner in the paediatric ward of Patna Medical College and Hospital (PMCH), where 24 students of Chhapra mid-day meal tragedy are undergoing treatment, created panic with some parents running out of the ward with their children.
PMCH Superintendent Amarkant Jha Amar said that smoke came out due to the burning of the AC wire because of voltage fluctuation.
There was no gas leak, he clarified.
The AC was immediately put off and the wire disconnected, the PMCH Superintendent said.
He said doctors and attending nurses immediately opened the windows for the smoke to go out.
Twenty-four children of primary school, Dharmasati Gandaman of Saran district and a cook, Manju Devi, are admitted in the paediatric ward of PMCH since Tuesday night.
The PMCH Superintendent said all of them are showing signs of recovery.
"Their condition is improving fast and they have been kept here only for observation for a few more days," Amar said.
"Three children are in the ICU not because they are serious but for safety only", Amar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?