Pappu Yadav braces for 2014 general election
Patna: Controversial former RJD MP Rajesh Ranjan alias Pappu Yadav, who was released from jail recently in CPI-M Legislator Ajit Sarkar murder case, today said it was on Congress to take a decision on him.
"My wife and former MP Ranjeeta Ranjan is in Congress hence any decision on me has to be taken by that party", he said.
Asked which party he would prefer to fight the 2014 Lok Sabha election, Yadav, enjoying strong support base in Seemanchal areas comprising of Purnia, Madhepura, Araria and Saharsa, said "people will decide this."
He indicated that he could fight polls any seat of Madhepura, Araria, Khagaria or Sitamarhi depending on decision of the people.
Yadav, however, said his main objective was to unit people against "opportunists" leader and party who have always "cheated" Seemanchal areas.
Asked about possibility of joining hands either with Lalu Prasad or Nitish Kumar, he said he does not have enmity with anybody. "Whatever will be in the best interest of my supporters I will do," he added.
Yadav (45) is set to launch "Ashirwad yatra" from June 6 from Purnia. He was been serving jail term in Tihar in Delhi and Beur in Patna for the past 12 years in different cases. Yadav was convicted by a lower court in Sarkar murder case in 2008. Due to conviction he could not contest last general elections.
Talking about his days in prison, he said he has penned a book on his life full of oppression which would be released in July. He said a film would come on his life before March 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered