Pappu Yadav breaks fast
Patna: Former MP Rajesh Ranjan alias Pappu Yadav, facing a life term in CPI-M MLA Ajit Sarkar murder case, broke his fast by drinking lemon water offered by Beur Jail Superintendent O P Gupta, official sources said.
Pappu Yadav had launched an indefinite fast on Tuesday to support social activist Anna Hazare`s demand for bringing a comprehensive Lokpal Bill to weed out corruption.
Yadav who continued his fast in the high security Beur jail here till morning, broke the fast after Anna Hazare ended his stir, jail authorities said.
Some prisoners who too were on a fast-unto-death in support of the demand ended their agitation after the gazette notification for constitution of the committee.
A team of medical experts examined Pappu Yadav at the jail, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!