Pappu Yadav goes "underground", attempts to arrest
Patna: With reports of former MP Rajesh
Ranjan alias Pappu Yadav going "underground", Bihar police
have mounted efforts to arrest the fugitive leader, facing
life-term in the CPI-M MLA Ajit Sarkar murder case.
Purnia Superintendent of Police N H Khan said that
he had written to his counterparts across the state to nab
Pappu Yadav wherever he was located and intimate him.
"I have also approached the CBI and other central
agencies to inform his (Pappu`s) whereabouts," he said, adding
police had taken note of reports suggesting Pappu Yadav
"possibly hiding in Nepal."
Khan said Pappu Yadav went underground after the
designated CBI court here issued non-bailable warrant of
arrest against him in May,2010 following rejection of his bail
by the apex court.
"We have to execute the warrant and for that purpose we
have made the exercise," he said.
Khan said he had also constituted a special police
team that had conducted raids at different places in Araria,
Purnia, Khagaria, Supaul and Saharsa districts to arrest the
absconding convict "but Pappu remains traceless."
The CBI court had in 2008 convicted Pappu Yadav and
awarded life-term to him in the murder of Ajit Sarkar, CPI-M
MLA, in Purnia in 1998.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India