Pappu Yadav on fast to back Anna
Patna: Former MP Rajesh Ranjan alias Pappu
Yadav, facing life term in CPI-M MLA Ajit Sarkar murder case,
today sat on a fast-unto-death inside the high-security Beur
jail here to lend support to the agitation launched by eminent
social activist Anna Hazare for weeding out corruption.
Pappu Yadav began the fast with other inmates inside the
jail after apprising the jail authorities of their decision,
official sources said.
He said he would not withdraw the agitation till Hazare`s
demand for weeding out corruption was met.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- UN General Assembly President-elect calls on PM Narendra Modi
- Vijay Mallya deliberately concealing his assets, banks to SC
- Sushant Singh Rajput, Kriti Sanon went for a Thailand vacation? Here's the truth!
- Bulandshahr rape: SC pulls up UP Govt, Azam Khan over controversial remark - Details inside
- Scorpene data leak 'a matter of serious concern', asked DCNS for urgent probe: Navy Chief Sunil Lanba