Pappu Yadav on fast to back Anna
Patna: Former MP Rajesh Ranjan alias Pappu
Yadav, facing life term in CPI-M MLA Ajit Sarkar murder case,
today sat on a fast-unto-death inside the high-security Beur
jail here to lend support to the agitation launched by eminent
social activist Anna Hazare for weeding out corruption.
Pappu Yadav began the fast with other inmates inside the
jail after apprising the jail authorities of their decision,
official sources said.
He said he would not withdraw the agitation till Hazare`s
demand for weeding out corruption was met.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth