Pappu Yadav on fast to back Anna
Patna: Former MP Rajesh Ranjan alias Pappu
Yadav, facing life term in CPI-M MLA Ajit Sarkar murder case,
today sat on a fast-unto-death inside the high-security Beur
jail here to lend support to the agitation launched by eminent
social activist Anna Hazare for weeding out corruption.
Pappu Yadav began the fast with other inmates inside the
jail after apprising the jail authorities of their decision,
official sources said.
He said he would not withdraw the agitation till Hazare`s
demand for weeding out corruption was met.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!