Pappu Yadav on fast to back Anna
Patna: Former MP Rajesh Ranjan alias Pappu
Yadav, facing life term in CPI-M MLA Ajit Sarkar murder case,
today sat on a fast-unto-death inside the high-security Beur
jail here to lend support to the agitation launched by eminent
social activist Anna Hazare for weeding out corruption.
Pappu Yadav began the fast with other inmates inside the
jail after apprising the jail authorities of their decision,
official sources said.
He said he would not withdraw the agitation till Hazare`s
demand for weeding out corruption was met.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends