Pappu Yadav on fast to back Anna
Patna: Former MP Rajesh Ranjan alias Pappu
Yadav, facing life term in CPI-M MLA Ajit Sarkar murder case,
today sat on a fast-unto-death inside the high-security Beur
jail here to lend support to the agitation launched by eminent
social activist Anna Hazare for weeding out corruption.
Pappu Yadav began the fast with other inmates inside the
jail after apprising the jail authorities of their decision,
official sources said.
He said he would not withdraw the agitation till Hazare`s
demand for weeding out corruption was met.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP