Passengers of Delhi-bound train looted in Bihar
Patna: A group of armed criminals looted cash and valuables from passengers on a train in Bihar`s Rohtas district early Saturday, injuring four people who tried to resist them, police said.
The robbery took place on the Howrah-New Delhi Express in Rohtas, about 200 km from Patna."The incident took place between Gaya railway station and Sasaram," police said.
"Armed criminals boarded the train before Sasaram railway station and stopped the train by pulling the emergency chain at an isolated place and looted cash and valuables," said a police officer.
Angry passengers later staged a protest at the Mughalsarai railway junction and shouted slogans against the inadequate security provided in trains.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony