Passengers of Delhi-bound train looted in Bihar
Patna: A group of armed criminals looted cash and valuables from passengers on a train in Bihar`s Rohtas district early Saturday, injuring four people who tried to resist them, police said.
The robbery took place on the Howrah-New Delhi Express in Rohtas, about 200 km from Patna."The incident took place between Gaya railway station and Sasaram," police said.
"Armed criminals boarded the train before Sasaram railway station and stopped the train by pulling the emergency chain at an isolated place and looted cash and valuables," said a police officer.
Angry passengers later staged a protest at the Mughalsarai railway junction and shouted slogans against the inadequate security provided in trains.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- FIFA seeks ban for Qatar, Asian FC officials for refusing to cooperate with inquiry
- RBI wants to liberalise while strengthening bond markets: Raghuram Rajan
- After Rio Olympics failure, Tintu Luka's uncle blames coach PT Usha for below-par training
- Narsingh Yadav would have won the silver, claims WFI official
- PM Modi, Shah to address CMs of BJP-ruled states on Saturday