Passengers of Delhi-bound train looted in Bihar
Patna: A group of armed criminals looted cash and valuables from passengers on a train in Bihar`s Rohtas district early Saturday, injuring four people who tried to resist them, police said.
The robbery took place on the Howrah-New Delhi Express in Rohtas, about 200 km from Patna."The incident took place between Gaya railway station and Sasaram," police said.
"Armed criminals boarded the train before Sasaram railway station and stopped the train by pulling the emergency chain at an isolated place and looted cash and valuables," said a police officer.
Angry passengers later staged a protest at the Mughalsarai railway junction and shouted slogans against the inadequate security provided in trains.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Kashmir violence: Avoid using pellet guns against protesters as far as possible, Rajnath Singh tells security forces
- Pakistan spinner Mohammad Hafeez to undergo retest on modified bowling action
- Elderly woman found murdered in Delhi
- IAF's mising AN-32 transporter: Satellites provide pointers, but no signs of aircraft yet
- Harsimrat writes to RS chairman for action on Jairam, Renuka