Passengers of Delhi-bound train looted in Bihar
Patna: A group of armed criminals looted cash and valuables from passengers on a train in Bihar`s Rohtas district early Saturday, injuring four people who tried to resist them, police said.
The robbery took place on the Howrah-New Delhi Express in Rohtas, about 200 km from Patna."The incident took place between Gaya railway station and Sasaram," police said.
"Armed criminals boarded the train before Sasaram railway station and stopped the train by pulling the emergency chain at an isolated place and looted cash and valuables," said a police officer.
Angry passengers later staged a protest at the Mughalsarai railway junction and shouted slogans against the inadequate security provided in trains.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- You cannot afford to miss these monsoon destinations in India!
- Prince Harry joins Coldplay onstage at Kensington Palace gig
- 7th Pay Commission: Know the key recommendations cleared by Cabinet
- Farmer helps transform lives of visually impaired children
- Hindu Mahasabha chief Swami Chakrapani gets Z-category security after threats from 'D-Company'