Paswan accuses Nitish of cheating people
Patna: LJP president Ramvilas Paswan on Monday accused the NDA government in Bihar of cheated the
people by failing to bring in industries, mitigate power
shortage and check corruption during its over six-year rule.
Addressing a rally at the Gandhi Maidan to mark the
12the foundation day of his party, Paswan said contrary to the
state government`s propaganda about reduction in corruption,
the scourge has increased over the years and people have to
bribe officials at the local level for even routine works.
Charging the state government with spending over Rs
25,000 crore on payment of salaries, pension and other
non-plan expenditure while the state`s revenue stood around Rs
11,000 crores, he said Chief Minister Nitish Kumar should
explain from where the additional amount was being generated.
Despite the government`s repeated promises to augment
power generation, only 300 MW of electricity was being
generated in the state against a demand for 3000 MW, he said.
Though the government called itself pro-farmer, the
irrigation infrastructure was very poor and farmers failed to
get adequate amount of fertilizers.
The fertilizers being supplied to the state by the
Centre mostly ended up in the godowns of the mafia, he said
and demanded issuance of a white paper on the matter.
The LJP supremo, under attack from adversaries for
promoting "family-centric politics", said his immediate family
members like the brothers duo, Pashupati Kumar Paras (LJP`s
state unit chief) and Ramchandra Paswan, have attained their
position through hard work and won several polls on their own.
His son Chirag too has made foray into the film
industry on the basis of his talent, Paswan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence – Part II
- I am a Goddess for the weaker section which is making people angry: Mayawati
- Sacked BJP leader Dayashankar to be arrested soon for controversial remark on Mayawati
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- 1,282 pilgrims leave for Amarnath Yatra from Jammu
- Kejriwal to visit Goa again next month
- Myanmar census data undercuts Buddhist hardliner claims
- WATCH: Pakistan PM Nawaz Sharif, ex-president Pervez Musharraf flirted with this girl?
- What's cooking? Farah Khan's 'do anmol ratan' Ranveer Singh, Anil Kapoor spill madness at shoot