Paswan accuses Nitish of cheating people
Patna: LJP president Ramvilas Paswan on Monday accused the NDA government in Bihar of cheated the
people by failing to bring in industries, mitigate power
shortage and check corruption during its over six-year rule.
Addressing a rally at the Gandhi Maidan to mark the
12the foundation day of his party, Paswan said contrary to the
state government`s propaganda about reduction in corruption,
the scourge has increased over the years and people have to
bribe officials at the local level for even routine works.
Charging the state government with spending over Rs
25,000 crore on payment of salaries, pension and other
non-plan expenditure while the state`s revenue stood around Rs
11,000 crores, he said Chief Minister Nitish Kumar should
explain from where the additional amount was being generated.
Despite the government`s repeated promises to augment
power generation, only 300 MW of electricity was being
generated in the state against a demand for 3000 MW, he said.
Though the government called itself pro-farmer, the
irrigation infrastructure was very poor and farmers failed to
get adequate amount of fertilizers.
The fertilizers being supplied to the state by the
Centre mostly ended up in the godowns of the mafia, he said
and demanded issuance of a white paper on the matter.
The LJP supremo, under attack from adversaries for
promoting "family-centric politics", said his immediate family
members like the brothers duo, Pashupati Kumar Paras (LJP`s
state unit chief) and Ramchandra Paswan, have attained their
position through hard work and won several polls on their own.
His son Chirag too has made foray into the film
industry on the basis of his talent, Paswan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read