Paswan asks Nitish to expose BJP leaders
Patna: LJP President Ramvilas Paswan on Wednesday challenged Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to carry out his threat to expose BJP leaders and sought to know whether Kumar would have jeopardised the 17 year long alliance if he had less than 100 JD(U) MLAs in the Assembly.
"Would he have parted from BJP if JD(U) had less than 100 MLAs in the Bihar assembly ? It was a convenient decision on Kumar`s part to sever ties with NDA and rediscover his secular credentials as he knew that the split would not jeopardise his government with JD(U) having 118 and the independents assuring support," Paswan told reporters here.
"What is Kumar waiting for? He should carry out his threat to expose BJP leaders if he does not want to keep the option of getting into a post-poll alliance with the saffron party," he said.
Kumar had recently said that several BJP leaders would be in trouble if he opened his mouth in response to the continued attacks on him from his erstwhile ally BJP.
Paswan said contrary to whatever Kumar said to promote his secular image to woo
Muslims, the fact was he had profusely praised Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi at a function in Kutch a decade ago and asked the people to forget the riots. He had then also asked Modi to play a national role saying the country needed his services.
"Is it a part of protocol to exhort a chief minister, who was reviled by the cross-section of political class for failure to control the riots, to play a national role?" the LJP leader asked sarcastically and wanted to know whether Kumar had praised any other political leader in the same vein.
"If Kumar claims to be a secular leader then why did he not resign as the railways minister after the 2002 Gujarat riots as I did ?"
On Kumar`s charge of ill-treatment of `elders` in BJP like L K Advani, Paswan said he had no business to say so. "Everyone knows how Kumar had ill-treated George Fernandes and denied him a ticket from Muzaffarpur in 2009 and marginalised him in Samata Party and JD(U)."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly