Paswan charges NDA govt with abetting poverty and unemployment
Patna: Accusing the NDA government of abetting
poverty and unemployment in Bihar during its five year rule,
LJP President Ram Vilas Paswan on Tuesday alleged that the ruling
coalition failed to execute the rural job guarantee scheme
MGNREGA in the state.
The NDA government headed by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar
performed poorly in execution of the flagship scheme in the
state by issuing job cards to only 1.29 crore persons as
against the total number of about six crores BPL people, he
told reporters here.
The NDA government failed miserably in execution of
the central scheme by providing work to only 29 lakh job card
holders and even those people were given work for only 29 days
against a minimum 100 days work to earn their livelihood, he
The LJP chief highlighted the spate of Naxal activities
during the NDA rule to substantiate his allegation of the
government`s failure to cater to aspirations of the poor and
said the number of naxal-hit districts rose from six during
the RJD-led rule to 33 in the past five years.
He appealed to the Naxal outfits and their sympathisers to
join the mainstream and contest elections to highlight the
plight of the poor and downtrodden in the state.
Contrary to NDA government`s tall claim of development, the
fact was that there has been significant increase in poverty
during the present regime, he said.
Paswan came down heavily on the Chief Minister for
promising job reservation for upper castes in JD-U manifesto
and asked what prevented him from giving quota to them if he
had a will to do so.
If the state government was serious about providing job
reservation to the upper castes, it could be done as there was
no bar on increasing quota limit as was the case in a number
of southern states, he asked.
The LJP chief came to the rescue of RJD which has been
under fire from all quarters for "non-development" during its
15 years` rule and said the matter was a closed chapter as far
as he was concerned.
The impending assembly polls was being fought on the
present issues in Bihar and the NDA government was under
microscope and not his ally, RJD, Paswan said.
On the prospects of his coalition on 47 seats figuring in
the first phase on October 21, Paswan exuded confidence that
the RJD-LJP combine will win two-third of the seats as there
was a wave in its favour across the Seemanchal region.
Paswan`s son to campaign for RJD-LJP combine
LJP President Ram Vilas Paswan`s
actor son Chirag will campaign and conduct roadshows this week
in Bihar`s Vaishali district in the poll-bound state.
Chirag has taken time out from his busy schedule to
campaign for the LJP-RJD candidates for four days, Paswan told
The budding actor will join his father to campaign for
two days, before conducting roadshows in Vaishali district
later this week.
Chirag had earlier campaigned for his father in
Hajipur, from where he lost to JD(U)`s Ram Sunder Das last
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo