Paswan defends low representation of Bihar in UPA
Patna: LJP chief Ramvilas Paswan on Sunday said he was not surprised at the low representation of Bihar in the UPA government after the third Cabinet reshuffle as people had not elected adequate MPs for the ruling coalition at the Centre.
"Bihar has elected only two Congress MPs in the last general elections, while UPA`s allies too have fewer MPs in Parliament," he told reporters here.
On his own case for not being made a minister, Paswan said he was not in the race for a ministerial assignment this time as his party has just one MP and was supporting the government from outside.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump