Paswan defends low representation of Bihar in UPA
Patna: LJP chief Ramvilas Paswan on Sunday said he was not surprised at the low representation of Bihar in the UPA government after the third Cabinet reshuffle as people had not elected adequate MPs for the ruling coalition at the Centre.
"Bihar has elected only two Congress MPs in the last general elections, while UPA`s allies too have fewer MPs in Parliament," he told reporters here.
On his own case for not being made a minister, Paswan said he was not in the race for a ministerial assignment this time as his party has just one MP and was supporting the government from outside.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!