Paswan demands arrest of Nandy for OBC, SC & ST remarks
Patna: Lokjanshakti Party President Ramvilas Paswan today said that the statement by author Ashis Nandy on OBC, SC and ST reflected his `mental bankruptcy` and demanded his immediate arrest.
"The remarks of Nandy that people belonging to OBC, SC and ST communities are the most corrupt reflects his mental bankruptcy," Paswan said in a statement and demanded registration of a case against the author under the SC & ST Act.
The LJP chief, who is at present a member of the Rajya Sabha, said the weaker sections have been hurt by the irresponsible comments by Nandi at ongoing Jaipur Literature Festival.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Britain`s queen joins royal Invictus Games challenge to Obamas -Watch video
- Kerala Assembly Elections 2016: VS Achuthanandan’s one line speech stuns CPM workers
- Actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha says he would be happy to promote Bihar as its brand ambassador
- Good news! Foreigners, NRIs can now book train tickets in India using debit, credit cards
- Telangana SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5