Paswan demands white paper on land allotment
Patna: LJP chief Ramvilas Paswan on Sunday
asked Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to issue a white paper
on the issue of land distribution among the landless and
Dalits while accusing him of fooling the community.
Charging Kumar with trying to create fissure among the
community by carving out a Mahadalit Commission, Paswan said
revenue department records of 1951 stated that the landless
should be provided 5 decimal of land and five acres of arable
land which was raised to 12.5 decimals in 1963 and the order
extended in 1994.
The revenue department`s order was still in vogue but
Kumar reduced it to three decimals to landless people,
including army personnel and those coming from then east
Pakistan, he said.
"In case they have received the three decimal land
each, I would request the community to vote for Kumar-led NDA
in the coming elections but in case they have not, they must
vote aggressively for the RJD-LJP combine," he said.
If voted to power the combine would ensure that
landless people would be given 12.5 decimals of land
irrespective of caste affiliation, Paswan declared.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP