Paswan demands white paper on land allotment
Patna: LJP chief Ramvilas Paswan on Sunday
asked Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to issue a white paper
on the issue of land distribution among the landless and
Dalits while accusing him of fooling the community.
Charging Kumar with trying to create fissure among the
community by carving out a Mahadalit Commission, Paswan said
revenue department records of 1951 stated that the landless
should be provided 5 decimal of land and five acres of arable
land which was raised to 12.5 decimals in 1963 and the order
extended in 1994.
The revenue department`s order was still in vogue but
Kumar reduced it to three decimals to landless people,
including army personnel and those coming from then east
Pakistan, he said.
"In case they have received the three decimal land
each, I would request the community to vote for Kumar-led NDA
in the coming elections but in case they have not, they must
vote aggressively for the RJD-LJP combine," he said.
If voted to power the combine would ensure that
landless people would be given 12.5 decimals of land
irrespective of caste affiliation, Paswan declared.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Biharboard.ac.in & biharboard.bih.nic.in BSEB 12th Inter Arts Results 2016: Bihar Board Class 12 XII Intermediate Arts Results 2016 to be announced today on 25th May, 2016 at 3 PM
- Mbose.in HSSLC 12th Results 2016: Meghalaya Board (megresults.nic.in) class 12th HSSLC Arts exam results 2016, MBOSE to be declared today on May 25 at 10 AM
- Uttarakhand board Class 10th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be declared today May 25, 2016 at 3 PM
- Uttarakhand board Class 12th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM