Paswan flays Bihar govt
Sheohar: LJP President Ramvilas Paswan today lashed out at the Bihar government for "spate in crime and corruption and deteriorating law and order situation" in the state.
"The law and order situation has deteriorated in the state with incidents like gangrape and murder of political workers taking place in serial manner," Paswan told reporters after visiting the family members of the slain LJP Sheohar district unit chief Sanjay Kumar Pandey who was killed two days ago.
"Rampant corruption is prevalent at the corridors of power at various levels of government like Rs 4000 crore NRHM scam and loot of funds in the central schemes like the MNREGA and IAY by the officials in collusion with ruling alliance politicians," Paswan said.
He claimed that the people were angry and dissatisfied with the NDA government headed by the Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and said that his party would launch agitation to expose the ruling coalition`s alleged non-performance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends