Paswan flays Nitish for dividing dalits in Bihar
Patna: Hitting out at Chief Minister
Nitish Kumar for dividing the dalits in various groups for
alleged electoral interests, Lok Janshakti Party (LJP)
president Ram Vilas Paswan on Monday appealed for unity among the
weaker sections in order to realise their political
The ruling NDA sought to create a wedge among the
Dalits by carving out mahadalits in a strategic move to weaken
their unity, he said at a function to mark the 634th birth
anniversary of the noted dalit icon Sant Ravidas.
Claiming that there have been no improvement in
socio-economic and political condition of the mahadalits since
they got distinct identity a few years ago, Paswan said NDA
government`s intention in regard was always malafide and
bereft of any concern for the weaker sections.
Under the circumstances, it was prudent for the dalits
to close their ranks and stick together as one group if they
wanted to fulfil their political aspirations, he said in the
context of a dalit leader vying for the post of the prime
minister of the country.
Paswan said it was consolidation of the dalit votes
that catapulted the BSP President Mayawati as the Uttar
Pradesh Chief Minister following a decisive victory in 2007
If the dalits of Bihar wanted to enjoy political
powers in Bihar, they have no no alternative to rally behind a
Dalit leader, the LJP President said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical