Paswan flays Nitish over Advani yatra
Patna: LJP chief Ramvilas Paswan on Tuesday
criticised Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for his decision
to flag off the Rath Yatra of senior BJP leader L K Advani
against corruption and said Kumar`s claim of being secular
stood "exposed by now."
"By deciding to flag off Advani`s rath yatra, CM
(Kumar`s) claim of being secular stands exposed thoroughly by
now," Paswan told reporters.
He alleged that Advani had embarked on a rath yatra on
the issue of Ayodhya "and the country witnessed a series of
communal violence in 90s."
He accused Nitish Kumar government of playing "into hands
Paswan said taking lessons from past when the state
allegedly witnessed communal flare-ups, the Chief Minister
should not have allowed Advani to launch his rath yatra from
He also castigated Kumar for rejecting the demand for
ordering a CBI inquiry into the Forbesganj firing and not
making available the compensation to the victims of the
Paswan said his party would stage a sit-in demonstration
on October 14 to protest against the problems facing the
people of Hajipur Lok Sabha constituency.
In reply to a question, LJP president said he would
campaign for RJD nominee for bypoll to the October 13 Daraunda
assembly segment on October 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt