Paswan flays Nitish over Advani yatra
Patna: LJP chief Ramvilas Paswan on Tuesday
criticised Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for his decision
to flag off the Rath Yatra of senior BJP leader L K Advani
against corruption and said Kumar`s claim of being secular
stood "exposed by now."
"By deciding to flag off Advani`s rath yatra, CM
(Kumar`s) claim of being secular stands exposed thoroughly by
now," Paswan told reporters.
He alleged that Advani had embarked on a rath yatra on
the issue of Ayodhya "and the country witnessed a series of
communal violence in 90s."
He accused Nitish Kumar government of playing "into hands
Paswan said taking lessons from past when the state
allegedly witnessed communal flare-ups, the Chief Minister
should not have allowed Advani to launch his rath yatra from
He also castigated Kumar for rejecting the demand for
ordering a CBI inquiry into the Forbesganj firing and not
making available the compensation to the victims of the
Paswan said his party would stage a sit-in demonstration
on October 14 to protest against the problems facing the
people of Hajipur Lok Sabha constituency.
In reply to a question, LJP president said he would
campaign for RJD nominee for bypoll to the October 13 Daraunda
assembly segment on October 11.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Facebook profits surge as user base expands
- Watch - Maiden rocket launch from Russia's brand new Vostochny Cosmodrome!
- 'Revamped' Varanasi ghats to go green - PM Modi set to distribute e-boats to boatmen of Ganga
- Air travellers to get refund on development fee for tickets booked beyond April 30
- Waqar Younis blames Shahid Afridi for T20 losses, wants Umar Akmal axed from team