Paswan flays Nitish over Advani yatra
Patna: LJP chief Ramvilas Paswan on Tuesday
criticised Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for his decision
to flag off the Rath Yatra of senior BJP leader L K Advani
against corruption and said Kumar`s claim of being secular
stood "exposed by now."
"By deciding to flag off Advani`s rath yatra, CM
(Kumar`s) claim of being secular stands exposed thoroughly by
now," Paswan told reporters.
He alleged that Advani had embarked on a rath yatra on
the issue of Ayodhya "and the country witnessed a series of
communal violence in 90s."
He accused Nitish Kumar government of playing "into hands
Paswan said taking lessons from past when the state
allegedly witnessed communal flare-ups, the Chief Minister
should not have allowed Advani to launch his rath yatra from
He also castigated Kumar for rejecting the demand for
ordering a CBI inquiry into the Forbesganj firing and not
making available the compensation to the victims of the
Paswan said his party would stage a sit-in demonstration
on October 14 to protest against the problems facing the
people of Hajipur Lok Sabha constituency.
In reply to a question, LJP president said he would
campaign for RJD nominee for bypoll to the October 13 Daraunda
assembly segment on October 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says