Paswan flays Nitish over Advani yatra
Patna: LJP chief Ramvilas Paswan on Tuesday
criticised Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for his decision
to flag off the Rath Yatra of senior BJP leader L K Advani
against corruption and said Kumar`s claim of being secular
stood "exposed by now."
"By deciding to flag off Advani`s rath yatra, CM
(Kumar`s) claim of being secular stands exposed thoroughly by
now," Paswan told reporters.
He alleged that Advani had embarked on a rath yatra on
the issue of Ayodhya "and the country witnessed a series of
communal violence in 90s."
He accused Nitish Kumar government of playing "into hands
Paswan said taking lessons from past when the state
allegedly witnessed communal flare-ups, the Chief Minister
should not have allowed Advani to launch his rath yatra from
He also castigated Kumar for rejecting the demand for
ordering a CBI inquiry into the Forbesganj firing and not
making available the compensation to the victims of the
Paswan said his party would stage a sit-in demonstration
on October 14 to protest against the problems facing the
people of Hajipur Lok Sabha constituency.
In reply to a question, LJP president said he would
campaign for RJD nominee for bypoll to the October 13 Daraunda
assembly segment on October 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui