Paswan mocks at BJP as `headless` party
Patna: LJP President Ram Vilas Paswan
on Friday described the BJP as a "headless" party after its state
unit chief`s resigned from the post apparently peeved at the
party leadership for allotting the Digha seat to ally JD(U).
"Now mukhias (heads) have started leaving the party
(BJP) to mark the beginning of stampede in the rival camp," he
told reporters here.
The ruling coalition was making fun of our parties
(RJD-LJP combine) after some smaller leaders deserted us to
join them (NDA)... Now our rivals have themselves been left
high and dry following C P Thakur`s resignation as the state
unit BJP chief," Paswan said.
"What is the future of that party (BJP) when its big
fish (Thakur) has called it quits?" the LJP leader said.
Describing Thakur as a `sharif aadmi` (gentleman),
Paswan said the BJP and JD(U) were no more a place for the
Paswan also slammed the NDA for its alleged "double
standards on family-driven politics" and said that the state
BJP chief`s resignation was a reaction against denial of an
assembly ticket to his son.
"We were accused of promoting our family members in
distribution of tickets in the Assembly polls... what is
happening in the NDA camp as they have fielded the kin of
their MPs and senior leaders from various constituencies?
"It is the BJP and JD(U) which are promoting kin of
senior leaders," he claimed.
Referring to the campaign strategy of the LJP-RJD,
Paswan said that the two parties will undertake campaigning on
individual basis even as he and the RJD supremo Lalu Prasad
will undertake joint campaigning at some point during the
On the contents of their joint manifesto, the LJP
President said that it will be released soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing