Paswan questions Nitish on continuing ties with NDA
Nawada: With Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi emerging as a key player in BJP in the run up to the Lok Sabha polls, LJP president Ram Vilas Paswan on Wednesday asked Nitish Kumar to part with the party as he had promised earlier.
"Modi has emerged as an important leader in BJP in the run up to the general elections and may as well be declared its prime ministerial candidate... What else is Nitish waiting for to severe ties with BJP as he had promised to do so earlier?" Paswan said while talking to reporters here.
Noting that the Bihar CM never takes Modi`s name in public as a reason for him to snap ties with the BJP, Paswan claimed that it was obvious that Kumar wanted to stick to the NDA for his "greed of power".
On Kumar`s praise of senior BJP leader L K Advani, the Lok Janshakti Party supremo said there was no difference between Modi and Advani, further alleging that Modi was responsible for the Guajarat riots and Advani for the demolition of Babri mosque in Ayodhya in 1992.
Commenting on the political situation at the Centre after DMK`s withdrawal of support to the UPA government, Paswan said the central government`s future hinged on the outcome of the assembly polls in the five states later this year.
Accusing the UPA government of misusing CBI to keep a check on its allies, Paswan demanded that the investigative agency be granted autonomy to function on its own.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof