Paswan says talks with RJD on seat sharing in advanced stage
New Delhi: Ruling out his party`s merger with Congress, LJP chief Ram Vilas Paswan on Thursday said his talks with Lalu Prasad`s RJD on seat sharing in the coming Bihar Assembly elections are at an "advanced stage."
"Koi khichri nahin pak rahi hai (there is no such thing)...there is no such talk. LJP-RJD talks are in the advanced stage for Bihar polls," he told reporters here.
RJD leader Ram Kripal Yadav said Bihar Assembly elections were still three months away and the "alliance will be through before that."
On speculation that Paswan may merge his party with Congress, he said, "I am sure he will remain with us."
There had been reports that Lalu is not willing to give many seats to LJP in the assembly polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Plane catches fire while making emergency landing in Singapore
- Dear Deepika Padukone, your IIFA attires were KILLER! View in pics
- Clerics issue fatwa, make transgender marriage lawful in Pakistan
- Oil prices fall as Brexit lingers, refined products glut looms
- This Shiva temple in Pune built by Peshwa Nanasaheb is unique – Details inside