Paswan slams Nitish government on food grains, PMGSY
Patna: Accusing Nitish Kumar government of
`failing` to ensure offtake of foodgrains for BPL families and
utilising funds under Pradhan Mantri Gramnin Sadak Rojgar
Yojana (PMGSY), LJP president Ramvilas Paswan today demanded
an explanation from the government.
Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar had in reply to a
starred question in Lok Sabha had highlighted `failure` of
Bihar to ensure offtake of allocated foodgrains for BPL
families and under other welfare schemes, he told reporters.
The state government was able to draw 20.51 lakh tonnes
of foodgrains against the allocation of 34.37 lakh tonnes
during 2009-10 for BPL families, besides 2.02 lakh tonnes
against the allocation of 2.87 lakh tonnes of foodgrains under
other welfare schemes, Paswan claimed.
The offtake of the foodgrains was `very scanty` and the
state government should explain why it failed to ensure
offtake of the allocation made, Paswan said.
Similarly, Union Rural Development Minister C P Joshi
had also accused the state government of failing to utilise
the allotment of Rs 17000 crore fund under the PMGSY, he said
adding the state had been able to utilise only Rs 3000 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre