Paswan slams Sharad for his remarks on Rahul
Patna: LJP President Ram Vilas Paswan on Tuesday
slammed his JD(U) counterpart Sharad Yadav for his alleged
personal and inflammatory remarks against Congress leader
Rahul Gandhi and said such objectionable remarks did not
behove of a leader like him.
"It does not behove well of the leader of the stature
of the JD(U) President to have reportedly made such an
objectionable remark," he told reporters in reply to a
Addressing an election meeting, Yadav had attacked the
Gandhi-Nehru family, saying Rahul Gandhi should be thrown away
into the Ganga though, he later clarified that he had not made
a "categorical personal remark against anyone."
All of us are fighting political and electoral battle
in the ongoing Bihar Assembly polls and, therefore, we should
stick to political issues only, Paswan said at a press
Taking a dig at the ruling NDA, the LJP supremo said
that Yadav made personal comments against Rahul apparently
worried over Congress making inroads in the vote bank of the
The Congress has been consistently exposing the NDA
government`s tall claim about development in Bihar and that is
why NDA leaders were going overboard, he alleged.
While disapproving Sharad`s reported barbs at the Amethi
MP, Paswan said Congress was unlikely to improve its position
at the hustings.
The LJP supremo fired a fresh salvo at Chief Minister
Nitish Kumar accusing him of failing to fulfil various
promises made at the time of 2005 polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Earthquake in Delhi is trending – Here's why
- Lodha Panel to have meeting on August 28
- Earthquake: What happened when tremors were felt in Patna - SEE PICS
- GST rate on processed foods should be low or zero: CII
- BCCI sells India-West Indies T20 rights without following Supreme Court mandated tender procedure: Report