Paswan targets Nitish, kicks off `Bihar Bachao` yatra
Patna: Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) chief Ram Vilas Paswan, who kicked off his `Bihar Bachao` (Save Bihar) yatra from here on Saturday, lashed out at the Nitish Kumar-led state government accusing it of large-scale corruption, embezzlement of fund and rising crime graph.
"Lok Janshakti Party spent the year 2012 in Jan Sampark Yatra. We worked on all issues, be it Rs 82,000 crores large-scale corruption or 6,000 MNREGA scandal or people dying after consuming illicit liquor. We conducted the Jan Sampark Yatra on all these issues in 2012 and we announced that we would take out a yatra in 2013. It is after intense thinking that we named this yatra as Bihar Bachao yatra," Paswan told mediapersons here.
"Around 11 people died in Patna city yesterday after consuming illicit liquor, 43 people died in Ara, 12 people died in Gaya, 11 people died in Samastipur, 12 people died in Muzaffarpur. So, the people are dying in Bihar after consuming illicit liquor. There have been 7,700 cases of rape in the last six years. As per the Bihar police records, over ten thousand cognisable offences were registered. As a result of which there is chaos in Bihar. People are angry and out on the streets," he added.
Paswan further said that the Lok Janshakti Party is fighting against the rampant corruption in Bihar.
"We have never been in power in Bihar. Nobody can level charges of corruption against Lok Janshakti Party and Ram Vilas Paswan. We are fighting against corruption," he said.
A large number of Paswan`s supporters and well-wishers, who gathered here raised the slogan ``Nitish ko hatao, Bihar Bachao (Remove Nitish and save Bihar)``.
The Bihar Bachao yatra, which will cover 36 districts, will culminate on April 14 the birth anniversary of Dr BR Ambedkar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL