Paswan targets Nitish, kicks off `Bihar Bachao` yatra
Patna: Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) chief Ram Vilas Paswan, who kicked off his `Bihar Bachao` (Save Bihar) yatra from here on Saturday, lashed out at the Nitish Kumar-led state government accusing it of large-scale corruption, embezzlement of fund and rising crime graph.
"Lok Janshakti Party spent the year 2012 in Jan Sampark Yatra. We worked on all issues, be it Rs 82,000 crores large-scale corruption or 6,000 MNREGA scandal or people dying after consuming illicit liquor. We conducted the Jan Sampark Yatra on all these issues in 2012 and we announced that we would take out a yatra in 2013. It is after intense thinking that we named this yatra as Bihar Bachao yatra," Paswan told mediapersons here.
"Around 11 people died in Patna city yesterday after consuming illicit liquor, 43 people died in Ara, 12 people died in Gaya, 11 people died in Samastipur, 12 people died in Muzaffarpur. So, the people are dying in Bihar after consuming illicit liquor. There have been 7,700 cases of rape in the last six years. As per the Bihar police records, over ten thousand cognisable offences were registered. As a result of which there is chaos in Bihar. People are angry and out on the streets," he added.
Paswan further said that the Lok Janshakti Party is fighting against the rampant corruption in Bihar.
"We have never been in power in Bihar. Nobody can level charges of corruption against Lok Janshakti Party and Ram Vilas Paswan. We are fighting against corruption," he said.
A large number of Paswan`s supporters and well-wishers, who gathered here raised the slogan ``Nitish ko hatao, Bihar Bachao (Remove Nitish and save Bihar)``.
The Bihar Bachao yatra, which will cover 36 districts, will culminate on April 14 the birth anniversary of Dr BR Ambedkar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi