Paswan urges EC to take measures to prevent tampering of EVMs
Patna: Expressing concern that the EVMs
could be tampered with during transportation, LJP president
Ram Vilas Paswan on Wednesday urged the Election Commission (EC) to
ensure the safety of EVMs.
"I have heard from sources that there could be
possibility of tampering of the EVMs during transportation
to polling booths. If this is remotely true, it is a matter of
serious concern," he told reporters here.
It was the responsibility of the EC to ensure a free
and fair polls and, hence, it should take all precautionary
measures to prevent tampering of the EVMs, he said.
He wondered why machines were being used in India
when developed countries have been using paper ballots to
Referring to non-availability of EPIC or allied
documents to some 600 voters belonging to dalit communities in
Kumhrar assembly constituency in Patna district, he urged the
EC to ensure that these electorates got their documents to
exercise their franchise.
Meanwhile, Paswan`s actor son Chirag today questioned
the NDA government`s claim of development in Bihar during its
five years` rule and said if it was so, then why hordes of
people were migrating to states for livelihood.
"What sort of development has the NDA government
delivered when the migration of people from the state in
search of employment is still continuing," he asked at a
press conference after addressing a slew of election meetings.
On being compared with RJD supremo Lalu Prasad`s son
Tejaswi and AICC General Secretary Rahul Gandhi, he said he
was not competing with the other young scions nor did he have
competence to be referred in the same vein as the Congress
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre