Paswan urges EC to take measures to prevent tampering of EVMs
Patna: Expressing concern that the EVMs
could be tampered with during transportation, LJP president
Ram Vilas Paswan on Wednesday urged the Election Commission (EC) to
ensure the safety of EVMs.
"I have heard from sources that there could be
possibility of tampering of the EVMs during transportation
to polling booths. If this is remotely true, it is a matter of
serious concern," he told reporters here.
It was the responsibility of the EC to ensure a free
and fair polls and, hence, it should take all precautionary
measures to prevent tampering of the EVMs, he said.
He wondered why machines were being used in India
when developed countries have been using paper ballots to
Referring to non-availability of EPIC or allied
documents to some 600 voters belonging to dalit communities in
Kumhrar assembly constituency in Patna district, he urged the
EC to ensure that these electorates got their documents to
exercise their franchise.
Meanwhile, Paswan`s actor son Chirag today questioned
the NDA government`s claim of development in Bihar during its
five years` rule and said if it was so, then why hordes of
people were migrating to states for livelihood.
"What sort of development has the NDA government
delivered when the migration of people from the state in
search of employment is still continuing," he asked at a
press conference after addressing a slew of election meetings.
On being compared with RJD supremo Lalu Prasad`s son
Tejaswi and AICC General Secretary Rahul Gandhi, he said he
was not competing with the other young scions nor did he have
competence to be referred in the same vein as the Congress
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks