Paswan`s party colleague Sabir Ali joins JD-U
New Delhi: Sabir Ali, the only Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) Rajya Sabha member other than party chief Ram Vilas Paswan, on Tuesday resigned from the party and announced his decision to join Bihar`s ruling Janata Dal-United (JD-U).
"I feel suffocated. Mismanagement, lack of foresightedness and regimentation due to personal ambitions of those at the helms of powers have plagued the party," Ali said in a statement.
Ali, who has two more years of his tenure in the upper house, said: "I have decided to join the JD-U in the interest of the state. I am sure that Bihar will bounce back to regain its lost glory under the stewardship of Nitish Kumar."
"The LJP has lost its relevance in the current political scenario in Bihar," Ali added.
With the resignation of Ali, party chief Paswan will be the only LJP member in parliament. The party has no representation in the Lok Sabha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH