Patliputra Exp engine catches fire, one injured
Lakhisarai: One person was injured when a fire broke out in the engine of Ranchi-Patna Patliputra Express on Sunday.
The co-motorman was injured when the fire extinguisher burst while he was dousing flames in the engine at the outer signal of Kiul station in Lakhisarai, Station Master of Kiul station Alakh Narayan Gaur said, adding the passengers were safe but rail traffic was disrupted for nearly two hours.
The injured Vishnudeo Ram has been referred to Patna for treatment.
Gaur said the engine suffered minor damages. The train later resumed journey after the technical fault was rectified.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them