Patliputra Exp engine catches fire, passengers safe in Bihar
Lakhisarai: One person was injured when a fire broke out in the engine of Ranchi-Patna Patliputra Express on Sunday.
The co-motorman was injured when the fire extinguisher burst while he was dousing flames in the engine at the outer signal of Kiul station here today, Station Master of Kiul station Alakh Narayan Gaur said, adding the passengers were safe but rail traffic was disrupted for nearly two hours.
The injured Vishnudeo Ram has been referred to Patna for treatment.
Gaur said the engine suffered minor damages. The train later resumed journey after the technical fault was rectified.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon