Patliputra Exp engine catches fire, passengers safe in Bihar
Lakhisarai: One person was injured when a fire broke out in the engine of Ranchi-Patna Patliputra Express on Sunday.
The co-motorman was injured when the fire extinguisher burst while he was dousing flames in the engine at the outer signal of Kiul station here today, Station Master of Kiul station Alakh Narayan Gaur said, adding the passengers were safe but rail traffic was disrupted for nearly two hours.
The injured Vishnudeo Ram has been referred to Patna for treatment.
Gaur said the engine suffered minor damages. The train later resumed journey after the technical fault was rectified.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch