Patliputra Exp engine catches fire, passengers safe in Bihar
Lakhisarai: One person was injured when a fire broke out in the engine of Ranchi-Patna Patliputra Express on Sunday.
The co-motorman was injured when the fire extinguisher burst while he was dousing flames in the engine at the outer signal of Kiul station here today, Station Master of Kiul station Alakh Narayan Gaur said, adding the passengers were safe but rail traffic was disrupted for nearly two hours.
The injured Vishnudeo Ram has been referred to Patna for treatment.
Gaur said the engine suffered minor damages. The train later resumed journey after the technical fault was rectified.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city