Patliputra Exp engine catches fire, passengers safe in Bihar
Lakhisarai: One person was injured when a fire broke out in the engine of Ranchi-Patna Patliputra Express on Sunday.
The co-motorman was injured when the fire extinguisher burst while he was dousing flames in the engine at the outer signal of Kiul station here today, Station Master of Kiul station Alakh Narayan Gaur said, adding the passengers were safe but rail traffic was disrupted for nearly two hours.
The injured Vishnudeo Ram has been referred to Patna for treatment.
Gaur said the engine suffered minor damages. The train later resumed journey after the technical fault was rectified.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clinton attacks Trump's outreach to black voters in new ad
- Colombia ceasefire will not stop government fighting crime: Official
- Amazon dabbling with 30-hour work weeks: Report
- Enrique's fan hid in dressing room for 12 hours
- Scorpene submarine data leak: 'Whistleblower' to hand over disk to 'government'