Patna blast accused remanded to judicial custody
Patna: A local court on Thursday extended the judicial custody of Patna serial blast accused Tabish Nyaz alias Arshad till November 12 and ordered jail custody for another accused Imtiaz Ansari alias Alam till the same date.
Judicial magistrate in-charge Krishna Gopal passed the order after the accused were produced before the court.
Alam is already in judicial custody till November 11 in a case registered against him at GRP Patna police station.
The court direction today was in connection with another case registered against him with Gandhi Maidan police station in the same incident.
Alam was arrested from a toilet of platform number 10 of Patna Railway station after he triggered the first blast on October 27 ahead of BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi`s rally at Gandhi Maidan.
Arshad, on the other hand, was nabbed from Motihari two days after the blasts.
Besides these two, a third person Ainul alias Tarique was arrested in connection with multiple explosions here on the day. He, however, died in a hospital on November 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt