Patna blast accused remanded to judicial custody
Patna: A local court on Thursday extended the judicial custody of Patna serial blast accused Tabish Nyaz alias Arshad till November 12 and ordered jail custody for another accused Imtiaz Ansari alias Alam till the same date.
Judicial magistrate in-charge Krishna Gopal passed the order after the accused were produced before the court.
Alam is already in judicial custody till November 11 in a case registered against him at GRP Patna police station.
The court direction today was in connection with another case registered against him with Gandhi Maidan police station in the same incident.
Alam was arrested from a toilet of platform number 10 of Patna Railway station after he triggered the first blast on October 27 ahead of BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi`s rally at Gandhi Maidan.
Arshad, on the other hand, was nabbed from Motihari two days after the blasts.
Besides these two, a third person Ainul alias Tarique was arrested in connection with multiple explosions here on the day. He, however, died in a hospital on November 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'