Patna blasts accused remanded to NIA custody
Patna: A special court here on Monday granted a three-day remand of Patna blasts accused Imtiaz Ansari alias Alam to the National Investigation Agency (NIA).
The remand till November 14 of Alam was given by Special NIA court judge Anil Kumar Singh.
To unravel terror plot of multiple explosions in Patna rally and also Bodh Gaya blasts, the NIA had sought 10 days remand of Alam in the light of recovery of nine bombs, a diary and handmade maps of Gandhi Maidan, venue of BJP rally, and also of Bodh Gaya from a lodge in Ranchi.
But, after hearing arguments of both sides, the court granted three days of remand.
The NIA court also sent Alam to judicial custody till November 18.
Alam was arrested after he triggered first blast in a toilet at Platform number 10 of Patna junction on October 27 ahead of the rally of Narendra Modi in Gandhi Maidan.
NIA has formally taken up investigation in Patna rally blasts case on request of Bihar government.
Alam is in Beur jail here in judicial custody till November 12 given by a court of Judicial Magistrate.
He was among the three persons arrested in Bihar in connection with rally blasts along with Tabish Nyaz alias Arshad and Ainul alias Tarique.
Tarique had died in a hospital here on November 1.
Seven persons, including a bomber, were killed in the serial blasts on October 27.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations