Patna blasts: Bihar CM, Home Minister responsible for security lapse, says BJP
Zee Media Bureau
Patna: BJP national general secretary Ananth Kumar on Saturday held responsible Bihar CM Nitish Kumar for lack of security arrangements over the Patna serial blasts which rocked the capital city ahead of the `Hunkar rally` of the BJP`s prime ministerial aspirant Narendra Modi.
Ananth Kumar also said that Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde was equally responsible for the entire episode.
"We hold Sushilkumar Shinde, Nitish Kumar responsible for the entire episode, for lack of security, blasts & escape of suspect," Kumar said.
Six people were killed and 83 injured in seven bomb blasts in Patna. Six of the seven blasts took place Sunday at Patna`s Gandhi Maidan before Modi was to address a rally. The seventh explosion was at the railway station.
Earlier also Ananth Kumar had accused Nitish Kumar of practicing `crass opportunism`, and pointed out his proximity with the Congress and his flirtations with the Third Front at the same time.
"It is crass opportunism on the part of Nitish. He has embraced the Congress. Now he is taking initiative to enter the Third Front, but Third Front will fail. It is doomed to fail due to the wave in favour of (our PM candidate) Narendra Modi (NaMo) and the BJP," Ananth Kumar had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note