Patna blasts: Bihar CM, Home Minister responsible for security lapse, says BJP
Zee Media Bureau
Patna: BJP national general secretary Ananth Kumar on Saturday held responsible Bihar CM Nitish Kumar for lack of security arrangements over the Patna serial blasts which rocked the capital city ahead of the `Hunkar rally` of the BJP`s prime ministerial aspirant Narendra Modi.
Ananth Kumar also said that Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde was equally responsible for the entire episode.
"We hold Sushilkumar Shinde, Nitish Kumar responsible for the entire episode, for lack of security, blasts & escape of suspect," Kumar said.
Six people were killed and 83 injured in seven bomb blasts in Patna. Six of the seven blasts took place Sunday at Patna`s Gandhi Maidan before Modi was to address a rally. The seventh explosion was at the railway station.
Earlier also Ananth Kumar had accused Nitish Kumar of practicing `crass opportunism`, and pointed out his proximity with the Congress and his flirtations with the Third Front at the same time.
"It is crass opportunism on the part of Nitish. He has embraced the Congress. Now he is taking initiative to enter the Third Front, but Third Front will fail. It is doomed to fail due to the wave in favour of (our PM candidate) Narendra Modi (NaMo) and the BJP," Ananth Kumar had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Two legends, one pic! Amitabh Bachchan shares memorable moment with father Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- Rohan Bopanna, Leander Paes reach French Open quarters
- Narendra Modi addresses 'Vikas Parv' rally in Karnataka, unveils cooking gas scheme for poor
- Vidya Balan would love to be directed by brother-in-law
- Monaco Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton ends his wait, Sergio Perez completes podium