Patna blasts case: NIA detains another suspect
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The National Investigation Agency (NIA) on Thursday detained a person named Mohammad Afzal at Delhi airport in connection with Patna blasts case.
Mohd Afzal, a kin of another blast suspect Ujjair Ahmad, had come to the airport to see off his wife when he was detained by security agencies and taken for questioning, sources said today.
National Investigation Agency (NIA) sleuths had yesterday arrested Ujjair Ahmad in connection with the blasts case besides an associate of suspected Indian Mujahideen member, Imtiaz Ansari, who is accused of triggering Sunday`s first blast at the Patna railway station.
Tipped off by the Patna Police and the NIA, the associate Arshad Ahmad was picked by the local police from Alauli village in Bihar`s East Champaran district.
Two other suspects, identified as Tausim and Imtiaz Ansari, were arrested soon after the bomb blasts in the Bihar capital on Sunday.
Director General of Police Rajeev Kumar had said that six persons were detained for interrogation in connection with the serial blasts set off at and near the Gandhi Maidan ahead of the rally addressed later by BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
A bomb exploded on platform No 10 on Sunday morning, ahead of the rally of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) which was, hours later, addressed by the party`s prime ministerial candidate, Narendra Modi.
The first of the blasts ripped through a toilet around 10 am at the railway station in the heart of the city, killing one person and wounding another.
After an hour, by which time Modi had reached Patna but was not yet at Gandhi Maidan, the venue of the rally, four explosions occurred inside the maidan. Two bombs exploded in the vicinity of the maidan, spreading panic.
Six people were killed and 83 others injured as seven bombs exploded in Patna on October 27.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip