Patna blasts: Court grants police remand of 4 suspects to NIA
Patna: A special judge on Friday granted police remand of four terror suspects in Patna serial blasts to the National Investigation Agency (NIA) till June 6.
Judge A K Singh granted the remand after an NIA-team probing the Patna serial bomb blasts of October 27, 2013, produced the four before its special court here.
The suspects Haider Ali alias Black Beauty, Numan Ansari, Mojibullah Ansari and Taufiq Ansari were brought by a special flight to the city and produced before NIA Judge AK Singh at his residence late in the afternoon after the court had closed for the day, police sources said.
The NIA is expected to interrogate them further regarding their role in Patna and Bodh Gaya blasts, they said.
Of the four suspects nabbed from Ranchi and Daltonganj areas of Jharkhand, Haider was said to be running banned terror organisation SIMI, while Numan, Taufiq and Mujibullah were allegedly involved in bomb blasts in the city and Bodh Gaya.
They are among the 13 arrested so far in the serial blast case at Narendra Modi`s rally here last year.
At least seven people were killed and scores others injured when bombs exploded at a make-shift railway platform and at the rally of Modi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part IV
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part II
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen