Patna blasts: First FIR filed; Bihar police names IM`s Tehseen Akhtar, others
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
Patna: Taking its ongoing probe into Patna serial blasts case further, the Bihar police on Thursday registered an FIR against militant outfit Indian Mujahideen in connection with the incident and booked many of its top operatives, including Tehseen Akhtar.
According to reports, the FIR, which has been lodged at the Gandhi Maidan police station, is generic in nature and gives the authorities a chance to seek custody of all IM operatives including Yasin Bhatkal.
The filing of FIR is being seen as an important step because the Bihar police had so far been reluctant to probe IM`s Madhubani module and had neither sought custody of Bhatkal.
Just a few days back, the National Investigation Agency (NIA) had announced a cash reward of upto Rs 10 lakh for any information leading to the arrest of five leading suspects in the Patna blasts case.
At least six people were killed and 33 others were injured in the incident.
The five suspects are - Tehseen Akhtar alias Monu, Haider Ali alias Abdullah, Numan Ansari, Taufeeq Ansari and Mojibullah – all are alleged members of the newly-formed branch of banned militant outfit IM, investigators believe was behind the explosions in Patna.
The NIA, which is probing the Patna blasts, had said that this group was also responsible for July`s multiple blasts in Bodh Gaya in Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials