Patna blasts: First FIR filed; Bihar police names IM`s Tehseen Akhtar, others
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
Patna: Taking its ongoing probe into Patna serial blasts case further, the Bihar police on Thursday registered an FIR against militant outfit Indian Mujahideen in connection with the incident and booked many of its top operatives, including Tehseen Akhtar.
According to reports, the FIR, which has been lodged at the Gandhi Maidan police station, is generic in nature and gives the authorities a chance to seek custody of all IM operatives including Yasin Bhatkal.
The filing of FIR is being seen as an important step because the Bihar police had so far been reluctant to probe IM`s Madhubani module and had neither sought custody of Bhatkal.
Just a few days back, the National Investigation Agency (NIA) had announced a cash reward of upto Rs 10 lakh for any information leading to the arrest of five leading suspects in the Patna blasts case.
At least six people were killed and 33 others were injured in the incident.
The five suspects are - Tehseen Akhtar alias Monu, Haider Ali alias Abdullah, Numan Ansari, Taufeeq Ansari and Mojibullah – all are alleged members of the newly-formed branch of banned militant outfit IM, investigators believe was behind the explosions in Patna.
The NIA, which is probing the Patna blasts, had said that this group was also responsible for July`s multiple blasts in Bodh Gaya in Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- Preity Zinta to tie the knot this Valentine?
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed