Patna blasts mastermind Tehseen Akhtar is nephew of JD(U) leader: Report
Zee Media Bureau
Patna: Indian Mujahideen operative Tehseen Akhtar, who is allegedly the mastermind of Sunday`s Patna serial blasts that left six dead and over 50 injured, is the nephew of a Janata Dal (United) leader from Bihar, reports claimed on Tuesday.
Taki Akhtar is the JD(U) leader in Samastipur district, Bihar.
According to a report published in a daily, Taki has always denied any ties with Tehseen.
The Akhtars are residents of Maniarpur village of Samastipur, about 100 km from Patna.
Seven blasts took place on Sunday, six of which occured in and around the Gandhi Maidan where Bharatiya Janata Party`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi later addressed a rally.
Tahseen Akhtar is considered to be close to Yasin Bhatkal, the man who co-founded Indian Mujahideen.
In the last few months, the National Investigation Agency (NIA) on more than 10 occasions raided his native village but failed to find him.
Earlier, the NIA issued an arrest warrant against Tahseen Akhtar, and also announced a reward of Rs 10 lakh for information that could lead to his arrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof