Patna blasts: No intelligence inputs given to Bihar police, says ADG
Zee Media Bureau/Manisha Singh
Patna: Even as the Indian Mujahideen has emerged as the prime suspect in the serial blasts in Patna, the Bihar ADG said on Monday that the state police was not given specific intelligence inputs about it, as per reports.
Ravindra Kumar said, “No specific intelligence input was given to Bihar police.” He also reportedly said that the state police had only general input.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar had also said yesterday that there was no inputs about the terror attack that rocked the city, just ahead of BJP prime ministerial candidate for 2014 General Elections, Narendra Modi’s much awaited and much hyped ‘Hunkar’ rally. He had also told the media that security arrangements were in place for Gujarat CM’s rally and no lapses had taken place on the part of the administration.
However, Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha, who had accompanied Modi along with BJP president Rajnath Singh today, while addressing a press conference, hit out at the Nitish government for inadequate security arrangements for the mega rally.
Meanwhile, making headway in the serial blasts case, the police arrested two suspected terrorists and detained several others today. One of the arrested persons may possibly be the mastermind. The suspected terrorists have been identified as Tausim and Imtiyaz, as per sources of a news agency.
The toll in the serial explosions has risen to six. The NIA reached Patna yesterday night and along with Patna Police is working on the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter