Patna blasts: Six persons in detention, says DGP
Hazaribagh: Jharkhand police on Tuesday claimed they have got "valuable leads" into the multiple blasts at last Sunday`s BJP rally in Patna and six persons are under detention for interrogation in connection with the incident.
"We have got valuable leads into the Patna blasts. We have detained six persons," Director General of Police Rajeev Kumar told reporters here.
He, however, refused to share details as to when and from where the six persons were detained saying the team of the National Investigation Agency is here investigating the blasts.
"Now we are not in a position to divulge any other details...We have alerted all the SP`s (Superintendents of police) to keep a strong vigil on the movement and activities of anti-national elements like IM. We are determined to finish this IM module from Jharkhand".
Jharkhand police are extending the fullest co-operation to both NIA and Bihar police to nab the IM activists, the DGP, who was here to chair a meeting attended by several senior police officials, added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj