Patna blasts suspect who escaped from custody rearrested in Kanpur
Zee Media Bureau
Patna: Meher Alam, a terror suspect in the Patna serial blasts who fled from a toilet in Muzaffarpur while being brought here from Darbhanga district, was rearrested on Thursday.
According to report, Alam was traced travelling in a train and was arrested and taken into National Investigating Agency (NIA) custody near Kanpur.
Alam is said to be travelling in Delhi bound Rajdhani Express.
He will now be interrogated by the NIA. Alam, 25, is not only a terror suspect in the string of bombings that took place here Sunday before BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi was to address a rally, he is also suspected for the blasts at Bodhgaya in July this year.
Alam was arrested in Bihar`s Darbhanga district, and was being brought to the state capital by a National Investigation Agency team.
He said he wanted to go to the toilet near Muzaffarpur, but did not return, police said.
Officials, however, were unwilling to confirm whether the terror suspect made good his escape Wednesday night or early Thursday.
While some police officials said the escape took place late Wednesday, there were also those who said it happened Thursday morning.
After he managed to slip, the NIA had filed a missing person report and claimed that he is not a terror suspect but a witness in the Patna blasts case.
Sleuths raided several places in Bihar to hunt down those who unleashed a string of bombings here that left six dead and over 80 injured.
Six of the seven blasts took place Sunday at Patna`s Gandhi Maidan. The seventh explosion was at the railway station.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'