Patna blasts: Two more suspects arrested in Ranchi, probe given to NIA
Zee Media Bureau
Patna: Two more Patna serial blasts suspects, one each in Bihar and Jharkand, were arrested on Wednesday by security agencies taking the total number of arrests in the case to four even as the NIA took over the probe.
The condition of the prime suspect Ainul alias Tarique, meanwhile, was critical with doctors saying his chances of survival were dim, dashing hopes of investigators to get vital inputs about the Sunday explosions that killed six people.
Tabish Nyaz alias Arshad Ansari, an associate of Indian Mujahideen(IM) operative Imtiyaz Ansari, was today formally arrested, Patna police sources said.
Arshad was initially detained for questioning after he was picked up by the police yesterday from Alaula village in East Champaran district for his alleged role in the blasts at Narendra Modi`s rally and at the Patna railway station.
The police in Patna lodged an FIR against him at the Gandhi Maidan police station charging him with conspiracy in the blasts, the sources said.
Arshad was produced before the Chief Judicial Magistrate Prabal Dutta who remanded him to 14 days custody.
He was rounded up for questioning in connection with the serial blasts after his phone figured in a list of contacts of Ansari, who was arrested soon after the first blast at a toilet on platform number 10 at the railway junction, police said.
Assisted by Ranchi police, NIA sleuths arrested one Ujjair Ahmad in the afternoon, police sources in the Jharkand capital said.
Besides Ansari, Tausim was also arrested soon after the bomb blasts in the Bihar capital.
Six people were killed and 83 injured in seven bomb blasts in Patna. The first of the blasts ripped through a toilet at around 10 am at the railway station in the heart of the city, killing one person and wounding another.
After an hour, by which time Modi had reached Patna but not the rally ground, four explosions took place inside the Gandhi Maidan, and two around it that caused a lot of panic.
The Patna railway station is located two-three km from the Gandhi Maidan.
Meanwhile, Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde said today that the Centre had agreed to Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar’s demand for handing over the Patna serial blasts case probe to the National Investigating Agency (NIA).
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Indian Premier League 2016: Kolkata Knight Riders beat Sunrisers Hyderabad by 22 runs, march into playoffs
- Three men held for attacking BJP MP Tarun Vijay
- Internet services suspended in Kupwara in wake of encounter
- Submarine deployed to find crashed jet's black boxes: Egypt PM
- Transform your look with different capes this season!