Patna bomb blast accused gets bail
Patna: A designated special court here today granted bail to a Patna bomb blast accused Tabish Nyaz who was arrested by the National Investigation Agency from Ranchi in November, last year.
Special judge (NIA) Anil Kumar granted bail to Nyaz on the ground that the anti-terror investigation agency had failed to submit chargesheet against him within the stipulated period of six months since arrest.
The Patna blast had taken place on October 27, last year at Patna railway station and the Gandhi Maidan during Narendra Modi`s `Hunkar` rally in which six persons had been killed.
The NIA had brought the accused to Patna and produced him before a court here on November 12, last year.
The court had sent Nyaz to 14 days` judicial remand in Beur jail on the same day.
The NIA, after taking over the case from the Bihar police, had nabbed 12 accused persons, including Nyaz, for their alleged involvement in the serial blasts.
Among the 12, six had been arrested from Ranchi, four from Mirzapur (Uttar Pradesh) and two others from Chhatisgarh capital Raipur.
All twelve accused persons are lodged in Beur jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?