Patna bomb blast accused gets bail
Patna: A designated special court here today granted bail to a Patna bomb blast accused Tabish Nyaz who was arrested by the National Investigation Agency from Ranchi in November, last year.
Special judge (NIA) Anil Kumar granted bail to Nyaz on the ground that the anti-terror investigation agency had failed to submit chargesheet against him within the stipulated period of six months since arrest.
The Patna blast had taken place on October 27, last year at Patna railway station and the Gandhi Maidan during Narendra Modi`s `Hunkar` rally in which six persons had been killed.
The NIA had brought the accused to Patna and produced him before a court here on November 12, last year.
The court had sent Nyaz to 14 days` judicial remand in Beur jail on the same day.
The NIA, after taking over the case from the Bihar police, had nabbed 12 accused persons, including Nyaz, for their alleged involvement in the serial blasts.
Among the 12, six had been arrested from Ranchi, four from Mirzapur (Uttar Pradesh) and two others from Chhatisgarh capital Raipur.
All twelve accused persons are lodged in Beur jail.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan