Patna celebrates as Arvind Kejriwal becomes Delhi CM
Patna: Hundreds of supporters of the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Saturday took out a victory procession here as Arvind Kejriwal became Delhi`s new chief minister.
Holding banners and placards as well as brooms, the AAP election symbol, party supporters said the formation of the AAP government in Delhi marked the beginning of a new era in politics.
"For the first time in the country, a truly people`s government headed by Kejriwal has been formed. It is going to change VIP politics into people`s politics," said AAP leader Arif Raza Masumi.
Mahender Singh, a school teacher and an AAP supporter, said it was a big day for Kejriwal fans.
"Now we will work hard with honesty to bring about changes in the caste-ridden politics in Bihar," he said.
Masumi said AAP workers also celebrated in several districts across the state. He said a large number of people were wanting to join the party in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday