Patna celebrates as Arvind Kejriwal becomes Delhi CM
Patna: Hundreds of supporters of the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Saturday took out a victory procession here as Arvind Kejriwal became Delhi`s new chief minister.
Holding banners and placards as well as brooms, the AAP election symbol, party supporters said the formation of the AAP government in Delhi marked the beginning of a new era in politics.
"For the first time in the country, a truly people`s government headed by Kejriwal has been formed. It is going to change VIP politics into people`s politics," said AAP leader Arif Raza Masumi.
Mahender Singh, a school teacher and an AAP supporter, said it was a big day for Kejriwal fans.
"Now we will work hard with honesty to bring about changes in the caste-ridden politics in Bihar," he said.
Masumi said AAP workers also celebrated in several districts across the state. He said a large number of people were wanting to join the party in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof